Making My Best Beef

>> Saturday, May 1, 2010

I recently attended Chef Sabrina Sexton’s “Best of Beef” course at the Institute of Culinary Education. I am shamelessly carnivorous, and cooking quality pieces of steak is something that I have wanted to learn for a long time.



The recipe I took home from the class is the filet of beef with shallots and ruby port wine. I recreated the meal at home, and found the dish to be shockingly simple to make. The number of ingredients used is minimal. I only needed ruby port wine, olive oil, rosemary, shallots, veal stock and butter.



My main takeaway from this experience? Don’t be afraid to splurge on a good bottle of ruby port wine. It makes the sauce so much richer and sweeter.

2 comments:

dmtoporek May 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

oh my gosh that looks SO GOOD! my mouth is watering!

Unknown May 17, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

i was the lucky recipient of this dish- it was AWESOME!!! I even had some the following day and all the flavor was retained

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP